Friday, October 21, 2011

Review and Swatches: Concrete Minerals!

Today I am doing a review with swatches and a few EOTD's with a company I am sure everyone has heard of by now... Concrete Minerals! They have a well known name for good reason - their products are beautiful! I purchased the blogger/Youtube guru review package which included (4) samples in jars. I chose Lolita, Smut, Hustle, and Jezebel, and they graciously sent me Charm School as well.


First of all, I love it when samples come in jars! Makes my life so much easier, haha! Secondly, they came wrapped so cutely in pink tissue paper with a little thank you card. The ingredients are also listed on the labels. All good. 

I immediately swatched them over Pixie Epoxy by Fyrinnae and was soooo pleased with all of the colors. The ones I chose even go together perfectly for many different combos of eye looks. 



Here are the descriptions of the colors from their website:

Lolita: (Shimmery taupe w/ pink undertones)
Smut: (Dirty silver with pink-purple undertones)
Hustle: (Mauve-pink w/ orange undertones)
Jezebel: (Shimmery purple) The purple-lover's purple.
Charm School: (Bright, glittery green w/ golden undertones)


I would agree with all of these descriptions with the exception of Lolita, which looks a lot more silver than taupe to me. I have used it several times and have yet to see the pink undertones either, but it is still a gorgeous color. 


If I had to pick favorites, it would be hard because they're all so gorgeous. I love Hustle, Smut, and Jezebel the most though. 


The formula on all of them is fabulous. They are easy to apply and blend, and the only one that NEEDS a really sticky base is Charm School, which is the most glittery of the three. I did notice that Hustle's "dirty" base shows more when it is is rubbed on, but that's not a big deal as I don't rub my eyeshadows on anyways. 


All that said, I would definitely purchase from Concrete Minerals again!! I have my eyes on Deviant, Troublemaker, and Mad Hatter next.


Here are a couple looks I did with these colors. (They actually look very similar to each other). I had one more with Charm School but it has mysteriously disappeared from my phone. 





The previous 3 pictures are Lolita on the inner half of lid, Smut on the outer half, and Hustle blended into crease, with DG Cosmetics Whisper to highlight.


This one was Lolita on inner 1/3 of eye, Smut in middle 1/3, and Jezebel in outer 1/3 and under lower lashes. I forgot to use a highlight here and my eyebrows are insanity so forgive me ;) 

What are your favorite Concrete Minerals colors? Will you be trying any of these? 

xo, 
Me


2 comments:

  1. I love every color I have ever gotten from Concrete! I have about 9 left to get before I have the whole collection. I would have to say my favorites are White Rabbit (one of my go to highlighters), Smut, Kinky, Lolite, Vanity, Jezebel, Swamped, Bat Breaker and Ace of Knaves. (the last two are discontinued but can still be bought on Glossvine I believe). Wow this comment turned out longer than I expected! lol I really love what Em comes out with and can't wait to see what else she has in store. Also their primer is really good, so if you have been curious about it, I would totally recommend it. :)

    ReplyDelete