Saturday, October 22, 2011

Herban Luxe Review and Swatches

Hello pretty girls! Happy Saturday. Today I will be reviewing two products from a company called Herban Luxe (isn't that name adorable?!) Their shop features products such as mascara, pressed eyeshadows, eyeshadows in roller tubes, foundations, and lipsticks/lipglosses. The creator of Herban Luxe takes pride in handcrafting all of her own products from high quality ingredients without any animal testing. I was sent these products for review but that does not affect my opinion whatsoever!

The two products I was sent are Sunset eyeshadow in a roller applicator, as well as ChocoNoir lipstick.


They came wrapped nicely in a plastic baggie with info/instruction sheets on each product. 


The ChocoNoir lipstick is described as: "This organic lipstick is made with my a delicious Chocolate specialty wine, but don't worry you won't get drunk using this lipstick. The wine has been reduced to a syrup and then combined with mica to create this beautiful brown shade. I've infused this with my nourishing blend of natural waxes, organic jojoba oil, and antioxidant from plant extracts to create this unique formula. As with all HerbanLuxe products, you won't find chemicals, preservatives or parabens in my formula. I only give you the best of the best."

The Roller Babes eyeshadow series is described as: "Pigments are highly concentrated loose color powders that contain ingredients to help it adhere to your eyelids. The new roll-on container make the best no mess containers. If you don't have an eyeshadow brush in your arsenal, don't fret, to use Robber Babes Pigment Eye Shadow, simply give the roller ball a starting roll when it arrives and then simply glide it over your eyelids to create your look."


{Wearing the ChocoNoir lipstick}

I think the products I tried were definitely one-of-a-kind. I have never used an eyeshadow in a roller applicator before, so that was interesting. I wouldn't use it like that to apply it to my eyes, but the roller cap is easily removable for tapping some out to apply with a brush. Also, the roller comes with a TON of product inside! It has 5 grams for only $4.25! 

The lipstick is special because she actually uses wine in the formula! It definitely smells like wine, which is so unique and cool to me! The formula feels like a matte texture, and it takes a few coats to build to full opacity. The color is unfortunately way too dark for my skin tone, but it would work great on darker skin tones. 

Overall, I'd say this is a very unique etsy shop with some cool products! I would like to try her pressed eyeshadows and other lipstick colors in the future. 

What do you think? Will you stop by Herban Luxe and give her some love? :) 



1 comment: