Monday, October 31, 2011

Darling Girl Haul, Swatches, and Review! (Part 1)

I am not even going to preface this with small talk and jump right to the point. I LOVE DARLING GIRL!!!! I am so excited about this haul (and part 2 coming later this week!) 

I am bummed because I had pictures of the cute packaging that somehow my phone erased... grrrr... but there are still great swatches, so enjoy the eye candy!! 

*All descriptions from Darling Girl website.

My Little Pony - This is a color morphing shade. At first glance it looks like a pale pastel lavender with green shift and aqua and pink iridescence, but hold it close to a light source and it takes on a coppery rose color.
BlackCurrant - deep blackened royal purple with contrasting copper shimmers.
Hades - Hades is a gorgeous metallic gold over a deep indigo base with subtle fine green shimmers, so gorgeous!
Crypt Keeper - Is a blackened antique gold
Jack's Lantern - It's a deep black base with a fiery red/orange shift



Dapple - midtone blue-grey with just a touch of copper shift and silver, gold and copper shimmers
Moon Dust - gorgeous silvery taupe with tons of 'Diamond Dust'
Curious - sheer iridescent taupe with a gold/copper shift
Dulce De Leche - gorgeous metallic slightly peachy caramel color
Mustang - ow luster dirty plum with a pinkish afterglow and subtle copper iridescence
Badtz Maru - Blackened taupe pearl wrapped in soft mauve with chartreuse micro-glitter
Black Arabian - deep sultry blackened brown with delicate fleck of gold and copper

My Thoughts: 
Every Single Color is sooooo gorgeous!!! I mean seriously, DG does not make anything short of amazing products!! I love each one... My fave favorites though are Hades (Soooo amazing!), Crypt Keeper, Jack's Lantern, and Badtz Maru. Jack's lantern is so unique, and shifts colors from reddish to purpleish depending on light. The picture does not do Badtz Maru justice... is it the most beautiful brown/plum/sparkly deliciousness. 

All the colors are so versatile, and go so well together. They are easy to blend and have a wonderful texture, even when jam packed with glitters. I can't wait to show you part 2! 

Meanwhile.. here are some looks I've been doing with them..


Inner 1/3 - Black Currant, Middle 1/3 - Crypt Keeper, Outer 1/3 and crease - Monarch (gift with purchase and I forgot to swatch :( ) Highlight - Whisper 


 Last Dance Liquid Kiss Luxe.. soooo beautiful! light pink with loads of green sparkles! 


Inner 1/3 - Dapple, Middle 1/3 - Badtz Maru, Outer 1/3 and blended into crease - Black Arabian, Highlight - Whisper


Inner 1/3 - My little pony, Middle and outer 1/3 - Hades (look how it changes depending on the angle... the middle looks pink and the outer looks green!) 


Inner 1/2 - Moon Dust, Outer 1/2 - Mustang, Crease - Badtz Maru, Highlight - Whisper

So what do you think? Do you have any of these colors? If not, will you be getting them?! 

1 comment: