Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fyrinnae ~ I think I love you!

Good morning lovers, 
So as I said yesterday, my Fyrinnae order got here so much faster than I expected! I opened them as soon as I got my greedy little fingers on them and swatched them over Pixie Epoxy. I have been oohing and ahhing ever since. I swear I even dreamt about them! haha. So, the thing about these swatches is that they don't even come CLOSE to doing the colors justice. They are so much more vibrant and sparkly in real life. My advice to you is, RUN don't walk to buy some of these colors!! (after you read this post of course! ;)

Please click on each picture for maximum viewing pleasure :)
Shinkirou - Gleaming, sparkly sheer highlight.
Nijiro - Ivory with rainbow sparkles.
Polar Bear - White-gold, shimmery and soft (brilliant gold when the light hits it, but not yellow).
Montalivet - Soft shimmery golden-copper beige.
STFU - Deep, rich aged copper gleaming with coordinating copper sparkle.
Newcastle - Sparkly, deep "antique" bronze-gold.
We're all mad here - Luscious, sparkling chartreuse with green and gold sparkles and shimmer, it's twinkling like a teatray in the sky.
Dragon's Wing - Gorgeous shimmery green with a pale aqua highlight.
Dressed to Kill - Glimmering, glowing deceptive gilded green "duocolor", this shade is similar in hues to our Aztec Gold, but more vibrant, silky and with flashes of gold and green sparkle.
Madam & Eve's (sample) - Super sparkly dark turquoise over black base (my own description, I couldn't find this on website)
Javan Rhino - Vibrant turquoise with a lavender-pink highlight.
Digital Faerie - Stunning sky blue with green shimmer.
Sleepy Hollow - Lush ocean blue with a flash of sage green as the light hits, Sleepy Hollow has a touch of gold sparkle as well.
Wicked - Deep, dark purple with turquoise shimmer.
Robot Takeover - Multi-faceted, brilliant, sparkling silver-teal.

 {additional views..again, totally failing to capture the beauty!}

Te Amo - This shade is a glowing iridescent copper highlight, almost ghostly, despite how photos make it appear.
Rapunzel Had Extensions - Stunning golden pink-peach
Twinke Twinkle Little Bat - A mauve-sort of shade, packed with pink sparkle, shimmer, and and a hint of blue sparkle for good measure. Somewhat pink, somewhat lavender, and very sparkly.
Daemon's Tail -  A rich combination of purple and gold. Not purple with gold shimmer, or vice-versa, but a velvety mix of different shades, which adds a burgundy hue in as well.
Dark Magik - Shimmery deep metallic red with blue sparkle. Turns slightly coppery when applied wet.
Meerkat - Vibrant pink-purple with gold shimmer and sparkle highlight.
Darling Misfit - This is a deep magenta-pink with a contrasting aqua highlight.
Sennyo - Vibrant, shimmery, sparkling pink-hued purple.
Shinigami - Deep, smoldering royal purple entwinted with a scattering of blue and crimson sparkle.
Parental Advisory - Vivid shimmery royal purple. Almost two-toned because it has a blue base, yet the shimmer takes on a slightly iridescent reddish hue.
Forbidden Lover - Multi-hued lilac covered in lighter pink & lavender shimmer and sparkle.

Oh what more can I say about these beauties? I wish I would have bought more, pretty much sums it up! There is not one that I do not absolutely adore. Favorites? Oh how do I choose? It's like asking a mother which one of her children she loves the best ;) (okay, so I'm being dramatic!)
But if I had to choose.. Rapunzel Had Extensions, Meerkat, Shinigami, Polar Bear, Dressed to Kill, Sleepy Hollow, and Robot Takeover. There! Are you happy now? ;)

Overall impressions of the company:
  • I love that they are upfront about how long the processing time is...I love it even more that I got my stuff faster than estimated!
  • The mini sizes are so generous. The website states that a mini jar is 1/3 tsp, and while I haven't measured it, it seems like a lot more than that! These little jars are almost full! All for $2.00!!! So much better than some other companies *cough*BFTE*cough* that I have reviewed recently! And the full sizes are $5.90 but are PACKED FULL TO THE TOP of a 3 gram jar! Now that is value my friends! (There is a limit of 20 mini jars per week.)
  • One thing that kinda irritates me is that I have gone to the website a few times and the whole thing is shut down with a message saying "Fyrinnae will be right back" and such. And right now, the website is open, but the shopping cart is disabled so you can look but you can't touch..err..buy. Which -- for a makeup junkie like me who just found 20 more colors she wants to buy -- is TORTURE!
So, like I said, stalk the site till you can buy and then DO IT! You won't regret it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great swatches.
    And a lovely selection of colors.

    Been wanting Pixie Epoxy for ever :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I had been too, and am so glad to have finally gotten it! It's great!

    ReplyDelete